Find quotes for a video teleconference system
Using ISDN technology or IP networks your image is digitally reproduced: it works like 2 way TV with real time audio and vision. Sometimes a video conference connection is also known as a 'video link' or 'video meeting'. The main video conference equipment manufacturers are Polycom, Tandberg, Sony; these manufacturers are all working to the same protocols so the systems are able to link across brand.
It is possible to link more than 2 sites together; this is known as a multipoint conference. Some video conference systems are able to link up to 4 sites together, but it is more usual to use a bridging service connect the locations as bridges are able to connect to an unlimited number of video conferencing sites.
Telepresence is a form of video conferencing which uses large screen, high definition technology to simulate being in the same room. Currently some telepresence systems are using proprietary technology and are not able to link with other video conference systems.
With most video conferencing systems you can display papers using the electronic document camera, show information direct from your personal computer, you can also play a pre-recorded video or DVD, or even record your own presentation.
DoMyQuote can organise the best prices for Polycom Sony Tanberg
The core technology is digital compression of audio and video streams in real time. The hardware or software that performs compression is called a codec (coder/decoder). Compression rates of up to 1:500 can be achieved. The resulting digital stream of 1s and 0s is subdivided into labelled packets which are then transmitted through a digital network of some kind (usually ISDN or IP). The use of audio modem in the transmission line allow for the use of POTS, or the Plain Old Telephone System, in some low-speed applications, such as Video Telephony, because they convert the digital pulses to/from analogue waves in the audio spectrum range.
The other components required for a VTC system include:
- Video input : video camera or webcam , codex
- Video output: computer monitor television project
- Audio input: microphones
- Audio output: usually loudspeakers associated with the display device or telephone
- Data transfer: analogue or digital telephone network, Lan or Internet
Looking for a Video Conference supplier, why use DoMyQuote?
- Independent. We are not affiliated with any video conferencing firms.
- Pre-qualified Network. We've prescreened the best and most qualified video conferencing specialists in Australia.
- Save TIme. Your business needs are matched with the most qualified suppliers saving you valuable time.
- No Obligation. There is no obligation to sign up with any of the suppliers that contact you.
- Save Money. Our service is free to use.
DoMyQuote will find a Video Conference supplier located in Sydney Melbourne Brisbane Adelaide Perth Canberra Darwin Hobart Newcastle that install, service and provide ongoing maintenance, with professional advice on how to maximise benefits from your conferencing requirements and show a Return on Investment. Video Conferencing is available in all regional areas of NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, ACT and Northern Territory